3.06.2012

Kiwi-Limequat Sorbet



We received an ice cream maker attachment along with our Kitchen Aid last year for our wedding thanks to my dear mother, and it has been sitting at the back of a shelf since. Not because I didn't want to use it, because trust me, I have had many nights where it was all I wanted to do, but the reality of it is that it has to sit in the freezer to freeze before you can use it, and we absolutely n.e.v.e.r. have room in our freezer. Its usually shoved with frozen broth, leftover soup, dumplings, fish, etc, you name it, its full. 



It was a gorgeous weekend, and I discovered that there was indeed room in our freezer for once {how that happened I have no idea}and I couldn't think of anything better to do than make some sorbet. I had juiced several pounds of limequats that we picked up in Keene, Ca last week, and wanted to use that, and to offset the tartness, I wanted to use these delectably sweet kiwis my friend Rachel purchased the day earlier.


Kiwi-Limequat Sorbet

1 1/2 cups limequat juice
1 1/2 cups kiwi puree
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup prosecco

Mix the sugar, juice and puree, when completely combined, add the prosecco and stir slowly
until incorporated.

Place in a freezer safe container and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.

Process in ice cream maker according to manufacturers instructions

{note: the sorbet will be very soft, place back in to the freezer until completely frozen}

Here's to something tart and sweet.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds great! One of my favorite Thai restaurants has an amazing kiwi lemonade, which I'd imagine is a similar flavor to this (and I've been meaning to recreate at home). Limequats are similar to kumquats, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, well, sort of... they are more lime-like in their sourness. They are intensely sour, like a warhead :) would be, at least this batch was. Its funny, while I was making the sorbet, I actually made kiwi mojitos which I very much recommend, and assume would be similar to the lemonade.

    ReplyDelete