1.26.2012

Warm Winter Salad

I, for the most part, eat salad every day for lunch. I love a delicious salad, however, there are those very cold chilly days where I want all that vegetable-ness, but not the cold food factor.

Today I left my house scrambling for some leftovers in the fridge and ended up grabbing a container of blanched green beans, some roasted spaghetti squash, boiled lentils, a carrot, and some mustard. For some reason, I needed mustard. I looked at it at lunch and thought, "hm". So I played it by ear and made myself what turned out to be a delicious hot salad.

Warm Winter Salad
I think this can really be done with a myriad of vegetables, the ones I used were just what I had lying around. I would imagine adding tofu, or some greens could also be a delicious addition.

1 cup roasted spaghetti squash
1/2 cup cooked sprouted green lentils
1 large chopped carrot
1 1/2 cups blanched green beans
1 TB olive oil
2 TB whole grain mustard
1 tsp rice wine vinegar
salt and pepper

In a pan warm the olive oil, then add the spaghetti squash, and warm for a minute.

Add the lentils, carrot, and green beans, and combine. Cook until warm.

In a seperate bowl, combine the mustard and vinegar, then slowly drizzle into the pan over the salad.

Combine then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment